Prof. Jean-François Raskin
Email: jraskin [at] ulb [dot] ac
CV Jean-François Raskin (born April 6, 1972)
received a Master (1995) and a PhD (1999) in Computer Science from
the University of Namur (Belgium) for a thesis entitled "Logics,
Automata, and Classical Theories for Deciding Real-time" under the
supervision of Prof. Pierre-Yves
Schobbens. From Oct. 1995 until Sept. 1999, he was a junior
research associate of the Belgian National Fund for Scientific
Research (FNRS). In Oct. 1999, he was appointed on a
tenure-track Professor position in CS at the Université Libre de Bruxelles
(ULB) where he received his tenure in Oct. 02 and is full professor
since 2009. At ULB, he is the leader of the research group in Computer-aided
verification. He has also held visiting positions at the UC
Berkeley, at the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Paris, at the
Max-Planck Institute for CS in Saarbrücken, and at the Ecole Normale
Supérieure de Cachan. He is a member of the IFIP WG2.2, and the
treasurer of EATCS since 2016. He is an associated editor of TCS and
LMCS. His research is supported by the Fondation
SnailMail: ULB - Campus de la Plaine,
CP212 - 1050 Bruxelles - Belgium
Tel: +32 2 650
Fax: +32 2 650
Some recent talks
PC chair, PC member, editorship
- Centre Fédéré en Vérification (FNRS)
- GASSICS (ESF)
- Quasimodo (FP7)
- Cassting (FP7)
- Non-Zero Sum Graph Games: Applications to Reactive Synthesis
and Beyond (ARC)
- Subgame Perfection in Graph Games (FNRS)
- Verifying Learning Artificial Intelligence Systems (Excellence
of Science program FNRS-FWO)
- PC co-Chair of: FORMATS07, TIME09, ATVA14, TACAS16, MFCS17, GANDALF19, GANDALF20.
- PC Member of: LICS
19, LATA19, MASES18, ICALP 18, FOSSACS 18, CSL 17,
FCT 17, Time17, SR16, SETTA 16, LICS16, SETTA 15, MFCS15,
ATVA 2015, ACSD 2015, TACAS 2015, SETTA2014, CAV14, LATA14,
SOFSEM14, SR14, SYNT14, GANDALF13, ICALP'13, MSR13, CONCUR13,
ACSD13, LATA13, RP12, ACSD12, CONCUR12, FM12, iWIGP12, TIME11,
iWIGP11, GandALF11, FORMATS11, MSR11, STACS11, TIME10, MOVEP10,
GandALF10, VECoS10, ACSD10, HSCC10, CAV10, APNOC09, FOSSACS09,
TiSto09,CSL09, Games08, TIME08, ACSD08, FOSSACS08.
- Associated editor of: TCS,
- Steve Kremer
-- Formal Analysis of Optimistic Fair Exchange Protocols -- 2003
- Laurent Van Begin -- Efficient Verification of Counting
Abstraction for Parametric Systems -- 2003.
- Laurent Doyen --
Algorithmic Analysis of Complex Semantics for Timed and Hybrid
Systems -- 2006.
- Martin De Wulf -- From Timed Models to Timed Implementations
- Gilles Geeraerts
-- Coverability and Expressiveness Properties of Well-structured
Transition Systems -- 2007.
Ganty -- The Fixpoint Checking Problem: an Abstraction
Refinement Perspective -- 2007.
- Nicolas Maquet -- New Algorithms and Data Structures for the
Emptiness Problem of Alternating Automata -- 2011.
Servais -- Visibly Pushdown Transducers -- 2011.
- Marc Ducobu -- Antichains for QBF evaluation and VPA decision
problems -- 2013.
Randour -- Synthesis in Multi-Criteria Quantitative Games
- Aaron Bohy -- Antichain based Algorithms for the Synthesis of
Reactive Systems -- 2014.
- Noémie Meunier -- Multi-Player Quantitative Games: Equilibria
and Algorithms -- 2016.
- Guillermo Pérez
-- Regret and Partial Observability in Quantitative Games --
Hautem -- The Complexity of Combining Objectives in
Two-Player Games -- 2018.
Jecker -- Algorithmic Properties of Transducers -- 2019.
Mazzocchi -- Contributions to formalisms for the specification and verification of quantitative properties -- 2020.
- Aline Goemine -- expected 2021.
Berthon -- expected 2022.
- Debraj Chakraborty -- expected 2022.
- Clement Thamines -- expected 2022.
- Mrudula Balachander -- expected 2023.
- Alexis Reynouard -- expected 2023.